<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The (Sh)Elf Life & Times of Turelie Alasselle
Not your average Elf. Not average in general really. Come, read my mind-- my thoughts, activities, yada, yada. Word on my groups, LOTR&Ot group Quenya Study-Buddy... and my elven roots! *lol*

Monday, May 10, 2004
***************
elvish news: rejoining the party

As we walked through the throng I felt the curious eyes searching me, taking in my flushed face and swollen lips. No one even had to wonder what had gone on. I looked at the king and saw that Thranduil was beaming at everyone as if this were an every day occurence for him. It seemed as if nothing I had said bothered him in the least. Of course, I could not hang my head as I wished either. I walked with Thranduil holding my head high and seeking out my human friend, Amroth, singling him out for a smile. I also made it a point to smile at the White Lady, who looked rather smug at having interrupted things. Quickly forgetting her, I turned to look at my golden king and found him already watching me as we approached our seats.

I was grateful that Thranduil remembered my earlier embarassment and seated me in the chair next to his gilded throne. He passed me a goblet of dark, rich-looking wine and managed to sneak in another kiss in the process. I took a small sip, wary of its strenth; I had seen the effects of it on the partying elves. Indeed, I nearly choked trying to swallow it. I had to smile when I saw Thranduil watching me, followed by a serious of small sips as I watched the dancing and feasting. As I drank I thought to msyelf, For a moment I thought of his words in the garden, and wondered how much of it came from the wine. To distract myself, and guard against the effects of such strong drink on an empty stomach, I suggested politely, "My lord, are you not hungry?


3:10 PM ::
Creide :: permalink